Sleep Techniques For Babies: No Tears Anymore
As parents, we often realize that every baby is different. If you have more than one baby so what may work for one baby won’t work for another. With having so many options we are unable to figure out what is right and best for our baby. Similarly, if we talk about the sleeping habits of the kids that are also different for every kid.
Now we will talk about the sleeping techniques for babies that can help parents to know more about the sleeping habits of their kids.
- Tired and over tired baby – Before we start up with the knowledge process the main thing to keep in mind is that you have to prevent your baby from over exertion or tiredness. This is the best baby advice I can give it to you. There is a difference between tired baby and over tired baby, you need to check about it otherwise it can lead you to a difficult situation. Once you get to know your baby is tired it becomes very important to settle him to sleep before he gets more irritated.
- How will you know your baby is tired? – For new parents and new more babies, it’s difficult to judge whether the baby is tired or not. If you have seen your baby crying it doesn’t always means that he is tired. To recognize the tired signs and the cry tone you can check the following points:
- Baby is crying – listen to the tone of the cry
- Baby has recently been given the food and he is not feeling hungry
- Make sure baby is feeling comfortable
- His diaper is clean
- He shouldn’t be over or under-stirred
- He has been awake for hours.
Once your baby has completed 3 months, then things can get easier for you because now they can give you the tired sign by rubbing their eyes.
- Try to work on techniques that are best for you and your baby – Every baby has an ability to respond differently to the techniques that you encourage them to sleep, so as soon as you realize that what fits best for your baby that will be good for all. Now will tell you many ways that will help your baby sleep better:
- Make your baby sleep at the place which he is familiar with or where he will wake up because if he had slept at any other place and could not recognize it, then it will be likely to cry as soon as wakes up and that will mess a situation.
- Keep shaking your hand on your baby when he is sleeping, but be careful you don’t have to be rough or too gentle. Continue with the process of patting even if it’s not working and your baby is screaming because it has been observed that newborn babies don’t fall asleep in just a moment they take time to adjust with the atmosphere.
- You can make your baby sleep by singing a song for him. Babies are not critics, that they will judge your singing skills. If they have found your voice soothing and soft they will definitely go with this process.
- Music can also play an important role in making a habit of sleep of the baby. You can put up some CD at the time the baby is off to sleep, but be careful this could also turn up to the difficult situation if by chance you don’t have the particular music and you want your baby to sleep.
- The comfort zone is an essential need for a baby to sleep. If they are feeling happy and relaxed they will sleep well and take a first sleep nap about 45 minutes.
- Keep yourself calm before you make your baby sleep. If you start to panic or getting hyper without any reason your baby won’t be able to sleep comfortably that will result as a problem for you. Once you are holding your baby you should breathe calmly and slowly.
- Baby sleep cycle – A particular baby sleep cycle is for 45 minutes. As soon as you become parents, you’ll come to know that for a newborn baby 45 minutes sleep is not enough, they require more than one sleep cycle in order to awake happy and relaxed. If your baby woke up early before his sleep cycle and started crying, try to make him settle and let him sleep again.
- Pram can be useful – If you are out for shopping or for a movie may be your new born baby is enjoying his day out, but at the time of his sleep, you should make him sleep because it’ll make them more tired. If you are planning to go out somewhere you can take along a pram with you. The movement of pram can help your baby sleep even if you’re not walking.
These are some basic tips that can help your baby to sleep well in every situation. Keep these points in mind if you have a new born baby or you are planning for a baby.